This is a remote position and you can work from anywhere in Canada. Our Head Office is in Mississauga, Ontario.
Who We Are
Think Accounting is one of Canada’s leading cloud accounting firms and we are growing quite fast. We are looking for a new Accounting Associate to join our team. We work closely with small to midsize businesses across Canada to support their accounting needs.
We use the latest cloud-based technology to help make bookkeeping and business finance a breeze, and let our clients focus on building their businesses rather than work on their books.
We have a relaxed and fun team culture where you will feel welcomed, appreciated and challenged. Our clients span several industries – Tech, Agencies, E-Commerce, Retail, Finance, Hospitality, Not-for-Profit and more.
Find out more about us over at à Website, LinkedIn and Instagram
You could work anywhere, so why at Think Accounting?
- 100% remote (work from your home office)
- Flexibility around your schedule
- Extra long weekends during Summer
- Education allowance ($2,000/year) to advance your career
- Fitness allowance ($500/year) to keep your body and mind healthy!
- Superb culture – be a part of a team that is fun, smart and supportive
- No formal dress code
- Fun team events and retreats during the year
- Your laptop, second screen and other equipment will be provided
About the Role
Unlike other accounting roles that are narrowly specialized, in this position you’ll get your hands on everything we do.
If you are someone who takes initiative, is eager to learn and grow, and thrives working in a multi-client, quick paced environment, we want to hear from you. Also, there will be plenty of room to grow within the firm.
You’ll work with multiple clients and books interchangeably, as well as a variety of accounting tools. You should be flexible and adaptable, able to change with the flow of the business and transition smoothly between many tasks.
In this role, you will:
- Perform full-cycle bookkeeping on a weekly/monthly schedule for multiple clients
- Provide top notch support to your clients’ questions
- Ensure overall accuracy and completeness of clients’ books
- Conduct monthly reconciliation of the clients’ banking and credit card accounts, expense reports, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and invoicing
- Prepare and file GST/HST/PST returns
- Prepare and present month-end reports
- Assist with preparation of simple personal and corporate tax returns
- Assist with payroll administration of your clients, as needed
- Assist with CRA queries, government registrations and other related matters
This is a full-time, permanent position that is work from home by default. If you live in the GTA, you are more than welcome to come to the head office as needed.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, perks, flexible working hours, and plenty of opportunity for training and development. If you are looking to build a strong foundation for your future, or continue to build your significant skills, this is the job for you.
Specifically, we would like you to have the following qualifications:
- MUST HAVE – Minimum 2 years experience as a junior accountant or full-cycle bookkeeper
- Experience working with cloud-based accounting software, such as Xero, Quickbooks Online, Receipt Bank, Hubdoc, or Wagepoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in accounting, bookkeeping, or similar
- Payroll experience is an asset
- Tax return preparation experience is an asset
Qualities we are looking for
- Team Player – You should want to contribute to the team and support those around you
- Tech Savvy – You should be reasonably inclined toward technology and be adaptable to learn new software tools
- Accountable – You take initiative and should be willing to be held accountable for your performance
- Problem Solver – You should not require micro-managing and be able to problem-solve
- Customer Centric – Our customer’s success and experience should be held as the highest objective
- Communicative – In a remote work environment, communication is key and you bring your A game
- Apply online
- One-way video introduction
- Video interviews