This is a remote position and you can work from your home office anywhere in Canada.
Think Accounting is one of Canada’s leading cloud accounting firms, trying to break from the ranks of traditional accounting firms. We are virtual, growth focused, customer centric and leverage technology to its max.
Our mission is to help the small and medium sized businesses focus on growth instead of their accounting and taxes and usher in the economy, through our proactive advice and superior customer service.
If you are someone who takes initiative, is eager to learn and grow, and thrives working in a multi-client, quick paced environment, we want to hear from you. Also, there will be plenty of room to grow within the firm.
Find out more about us at www.thinkaccounting.ca.
- 100% remote (work from your home office)
- Flexibility around your schedule
- “Wellness Weekends” in the Summer
- Medical Benefits and a generous Health Spending Account (“HSA”)
- Education allowance to advance your career
- Fitness allowance to keep your body and mind healthy!
- Superb culture – be a part of a team that is fun, smart and supportive
- No formal dress code
- Superb culture – be a part of fun, smart and supportive team
- Exciting team events and retreats during the year
- Review full-cycle bookkeeping performed by staff for multiple clients
- Review and lead Compilation Engagements, quality check for documents issued to the client, CRA and oversee working papers, financial statements, tax documents and schedules.
- Train, supervise and evaluate staff and delegate work to them according to need
- Conduct client meetings, resolve and research outstanding matters, and provide top notch support to your clients’ questions
- Liaison with clients, CRA and other regulatory bodies
- Identify tax planning opportunities of the client files
- Review Personal and Corporate Tax returns and provide guidance to the team
- Review, prepare and file GST/HST/PST returns and research indirect tax queries
- Review, prepare and present month-end reports and financial Statements
- Research and draft technical letters or guidance on accounting and tax issues
- Lead responses to CRA queries, government registrations and other related matters.
Qualifications and Skills
- MUST HAVE – Minimum 5 years experience in a public accounting firm in the accounting/tax role
- Experience working with cloud-based accounting software, such as Xero, Quickbooks Online, Dext, Hubdoc and Tax software such as Taxprep or Profile
- In-depth knowledge of Canadian taxation rules as well as ASPE financial reporting standards.
- CPA,CA designation completed
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoys coaching, leading and developing junior team members
- Excellent organizational skills and takes accountability for client deliverables
- Team player, energetic and highly motivated with a desire to learn
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, perks, flexible working hours, and plenty of opportunity for training and development. If you are looking to build a strong foundation for your future, or continue to build your significant skills, this is the job for you.
- Apply online on LinkedIn or email Resume to email@example.com referencing this position
- One-way video introduction
- Video interviews